Own an electric vehicle or thinking about getting one? You’re not alone! With their positive impact on the environment, government incentives and HOV Lane access, who wouldn’t want to become a part of this “electric era” trend? Just last month, it was confirmed that there are now two million EVs on the road, compared to the one million last year. This number is predicted to double once again next year. With all these eco-friendly cars on the road, EV charging stations are popping up all over LA (which is a huge bonus for people who hate smog)! Currently, California has 16,000 EV charging stations, and this number is ever-growing. But WHERE are they? It can be daunting to take the EV plunge without knowing, so we’ve created a list of the best “secret” EV charging stations throughout LA!
To kick things off, Pavemint is one of the best ways to find EV charging stations across Los Angeles. The free iOS parking app lets you reserve on demand or in advance, plus filter spaces by premium features, like electricity. So you can charge your car while you’re at work, out to lunch or getting your retail-therapy on– honestly, the opportunities are endless. Environment-loving humans rejoice!
The City of Los Angeles not only wants to reduce traffic but also improve air quality, because, let’s face it, smog was sooooo last year. Because of this, there are changes in the works for The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) to go entirely electric by 2030! In the meantime, so you’re not stuck twiddling your thumbs for over a decade, Metro is doing its green part by installing EV chargers in its Park & Ride lots! Here are a few popular locations:
- Canoga Station: 6650 Canoga Ave, Los Angeles, CA 91303
- Universal City/Studio City Station: 3913 Lankershim Blvd, Studio City, CA 91604
- Union Station: 801 N. Vignes St, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Click HERE to find more Metro lot locations.
Ultra-trendy Los Feliz is a great place to find charging stations. In fact, if you live in surrounding neighborhoods, such as Silver Lake, Los Feliz may be your best bet for finding nearby EV chargers (excluding Pavemint, that is). Here are a few places where you can recharge your car, while you discover all the gems Los Feliz has to offer:
- Prospect Studios Electric Charging Station: 4151 Prospect Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90027
- Electric Charging Station: 4747 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90027
- Hillhurst Ave EV Charging: 1675 Hillhurst Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90027
WeHo tends to be ahead of the curve, and charging is no exception. This colorful city is one of the more EV-friendly in LA, meaning they have PLENTY of places for you to charge (score)! You’re probably already informed about the EV chargers located along The Sunset Strip (but if not, here’s more info), so here are a few more places to juice your car that you may not know about:
- Plummer Park: 7330 Fountain Ave, West Hollywood, CA 90046
- The Huxley Apartments: 1234 N La Brea Ave, West Hollywood, CA 90046
- Al & Ed’s Autosound: 8500 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA, 90069
If you live in or near WeHo and want to find more locations to change your car, click HERE to discover stations in WeHo and Beverly Hills.
If you’ve hopped in your EV and are heading to sunny Santa Monica, you’re in luck! This beach-front city is full of service stations that will keep you charged and running, emissions-free. Here are a few of the best EV charging spots that are convenient for an epic day in Santa Monica:
- Santa Monica Pier: 200 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica CA 90401
- Santa Monica Place Garage 7: 395 Broadway, Santa Monica, California 90401
- Santa Monica Structure 6: 1447 2nd St, Santa Monica CA 90401, United States
Need to charge but don’t need to park? Check out PlugShare to search EV charging stations in LA as well as the rest of the country!
Know of more EV charging stations in LA that should have been included on our list? Let us know!
(Featured image by Jon Rawlinson)